Candied Sweet Potatoes are a staple dish at our family gatherings, especially special events like Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving! During these busy times, it’s always good to know that I have some old faithful recipes that can be made quick and easy.
Lots of people have their version of candied sweet potatoes, my recipe brushes them with a combination of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and pops them in the oven to roast until tender. This simple recipe isn’t a traditional Jamaican dish, instead it’s one that has been adopted as an extended family favorite that I think you’ll enjoy!
Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
For me this recipe is so easy I can do it with my eyes closed, and it only takes about 40 minutes in the oven!
Serves: 10 to 12
- 4lbs Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1Tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ cup Water
- Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees
- Peel and slice potatoes 1-inch thick
- Rinse potatoes and dry with a tea towel
- Grease a shallow baking dish; put potatoes in dish
- Place pan in pre-heated 400-degree oven for 30 minutes
- In the meantime, in a saucepan melt butter and stir in brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and water
- Stir mixture until it become a light syrup; remove from heat
- Pour syrup over the potatoes and roast until tender
I love your recipes. Please keep them coming!
This looks delicious , going to do this on
Christmas Day. Thanks Fay.
Love the idea of even slices, I have been making ours in larger pieces, but this presentation is really nice. I will do the same the next time I make these.
Thank you, Fay for another delicious recipe. Happy Holidays to you & your family!!