Watch our step-by-step video for this recipe below
Chocolate Tea is the Jamaican version of what’s better known in other parts of the world as hot chocolate. This recipe uses all-natural ingredients and there’s nothing like the authentic taste of real chocolate. The smoky flavour of raw chocolate balanced with creamy sweetness is comforting to me. In Jamaica chocolate tea is usually enjoyed at breakfast time, but if your live in a cold climate it’s perfect for enjoying near a fireplace any time of day. The grated chocolate won’t dissolve completely and will separate if not stirred. So sip and stir… sip and stir. Yummy!
1. Combine water and milk in a medium-size saucepan
2. Add cinnamon stick, pimento, nutmeg and chocolate and bring to a boil, stirring for 5 minutes
3. Stir in salt and lower heat to a simmer; stir in condensed milk to sweeten
4. Remove cinnamon stick and pimento
5. Pour chocolate tea into mugs using a small strainer
Enjoy! Serves 4