In Jamaican some people call Corned Beef bully beef Corn Beef. Corned Beef and Cabbage is an easy one-pot meal that goes well with rice. Not to be confused with the sliced corned beef sold as cold cut, this corned beef is the on the can. You’ll still find it in a odd-shape can with a key that you use to open it…just like when I was growing up!
1 or 2 cans
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
½ medium cabbage
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Hot pepper sauce (optional)
½ cup Hot water
1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
How to make corned beef and cabbage
Here are the instructions for Corned Beef and Cabbage:
1. Cut each can of corned beef into about 9 pieces; set aside
2. Coursely chop onion, tomato, bell peppers and cabbage into chunky pieces
3. Heat cooking oil in large pan over Medium heat and sautee vegetables for 2 minutes
4. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper; stir in hot pepper sauce if using
5. Mix hot water and ketchup together and pour over vegetables
6. Place corned beef on top of vegetables; turn heat to Low and cover pan
7. After 2 minutes turn off heat and fold corned beef into vegetables
Serve with rice
The Fay Way: Gold Members click below to watch me cook this recipe step by step.
Not a Legacy Cooking Club member yet? This recipe is just one of many delicious family recipes with video cooking lessons available in the Legacy Cooking Club community. Click here to learn more about other member benefits.
Related: One Pot Dinners